Product Registration and Customer Satisfaction Survey
After your installation is complete, you can register your product for warranty with Gemstone Lights. Once registered, there will be a short customer satisfaction survey. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so if you have any concerns about your installation or experience with our team at Astoria Lighting Co, please let us know beforehand so we can resolved it.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future!
Quick Steps for Reconnecting your Controller
Wi-Fi enabled smart home devices can get disconnected from your home Wi-Fi for many reasons. When you open your Gemstone HUB app, you should see your “Device” listed. If it is listed, it should say “Online” (iOS devices) or have a green dot (Android devices), but if it is not listed, says “offline”, or doesn’t have the green dot, you will need to reconnect your controller to your home WiFi.
We will have you follow the instructions here from Gemstone Lights but first, we have some Pro Tips from Astoria Lighting Co for improving the experience:
- DO NOT connect to the Gemstone Control Box by Bluetooth through the settings on your phone. Go into the settings on your phone and “Forget” the Bluetooth network that the controller puts out. When using the lights or trying to reconnect, we will always access controller from inside the Gemstone HUB app.
- Before you start the Wifi sync, unplug your Gemstone Control Box for 30 seconds and then plug back in. Once it’s plugged back in, wait 60 sec before you open the app and start the sync. This will give your box a reboot and set it up for success!
- Make sure you are within 10 feet of the Gemstone Control Box when doing the sync, and that your phone or device is connected to your home WiFi with a decent signal.
- There is a point in the process where you will be prompted to enter your WIFI password. If there is already a password there, delete the password that auto-populates and manually enter in your password. Sometimes the app or your device will auto-capitalize your password or put a phantom space at the end. Copying and pasting your password can also introduce the phantom space at the end. By manually entering the password we can ensure its 100% correct. This issue is surprisingly common.
- Unless you’ve reset your Bluetooth password previously, when you are prompted for the Bluetooth password enter 123456.
- You will be asked to rename your Bluetooth. At that point, please write down or otherwise store the name and password so that if we ever need to connect to your hub for more technical support, we are able to connect to it. If ever you need technical service and we cannot connect via Bluetooth because the password has been changed and unknown, there will be a service charge and the controller will have to be factory reset.
- If the WiFi sync doesn’t work the first time, try it another time or two, following the same process. There can be temporary interference with the WiFi signal that prevents it from reconnecting. If so, it will connect easily on subsequent attempts.
If you’ve followed those tips and it still won’t connect:
- Download the app on a different device (iPad, spouse’s phone), login, and run through the WiFi sync steps with that device.
- Unplug the controller, leave it unplugged overnight, and then plug it back in and try again. This is a final effort that has worked in the past.
- Lastly: Fill out a bug report with Gemstone Lights, Submit a service request, and give us a call so we can get this issue resolved!
If you’d like to see some tutorials demonstrated in video, check out our YouTube channel here:
If you are having any issues with your lights, please follow the steps below:
- Submit a Bug Report to Gemstone Lights! This is super important to help improve the quality of your system:
- Check out our troubleshooting guide for steps on resolving common issues
Astoria Lighting Co Troubleshooting Guide and FAQs
- Check the Gemstone Lights online tutorials
- If none of those resources resolve the issue, we want to help!
Please submit a service request here so that we and the manufacturer can track issues:
- If you need us urgently, please feel free to call or text our local team:
Welcome back! Use the link to the client hub below to make new requests, view quotes, check appointment times, and more.